Friday, December 5, 2008

Not My Kind Of Day



Last Thursday was definitely a “Not Me” kind of day. Here is what happened:



  • I did not immediately email this sweet person whom commented on my blog that she likes Weezer to gush about how much I love their Pinkerton album. I am not a 37-year-old rabid Weezer groupie. =w=


  • I did not send Ethan to school in tennis shoes in a snow storm because I hadn’t bought boots for him yet.


  • I did not get lost in a snow storm trying to find my husband’s office. He only works in one of the tallest buildings in Denver—how could I miss it?


  • I did not pack my workout clothes in my car and then ate a McDonald’s quarter pounder with cheese and took a nap instead. Proper diet and exercise are way too important to me.


  • I did not turn my car stereo up to gangbanger proportions while listening to Weezer’s song, “The Good Life.” I did not put on my sunglasses and ski hat so no one would recognize me while I did this. I am not having a mid-life crisis.


  • My car did not look like this by the end of the day.


  • I did not run out of the house to have drinks, I mean dinner, with my friends and left an undercooked lasagna for Terry to feed the boys. That would be way too cruel, unless, of course, you’re having a “not me” kind of day.

10 comments:

Honey Mommy said...

Can you believe that we don't even have snow yet?! It's completely crazy... then again, it's supposed to snow today!

Stat Mama said...

OMG! Those are great!!! I feel way better about driving around with Megadeth cranked up!

Cookie said...

Too funny! I would never do any of those things either, especially the part about going out for drinks ;)

Unknown said...

That was one "gone to hell in a handbasket" kind of day. Make sure you never, ever, don't do it again.

the mama bird diaries said...

Hmm... I think i'd like to have one of those "not me" kind of days.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

haha, None of those sound like you AT ALL! ;)

Anonymous said...

those were hilarious and i get lost down there all the time too!

MaryAnn Ashley said...

Not you at all. Those were really funny. Who can't relate:)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That's as bad as your car looked? Please girl...that is nothing. And the tennis shoes...yeah, did this this weekend. My son didn't have boots yet. Bad idea. (as you read)

Shadow said...

i don't know whether to laugh or cry... a bit of both i suppose... what an ending, i think you needed that!