Monday, May 25, 2009

That's What You Think

Three afternoons a week, I’ve managed to produce some “me” time. While Ethan is in his Taekwondo class, James and I sit in our car in the parking lot. James watches a video on the portable DVD player while I work on my knitting. I have 45 minutes of fight-free, step-and-fetch-it free time to do something I want to do. It makes my blood pressure go down several notches.
The other day, Ethan skipped out of his class and noticed my arrangement. “You knit the whole time I’m gone?” he asks. “How boring is that?”
Someday, he’ll understand.

7 comments:

pixiemama said...

:)
I looooooooove to be bored.

hokgardner said...

It's amazing what we now consider "me time" once we have kids. But you know, time in the car to knit sounds divine.

hokgardner said...

It's amazing what counts for "me time" once you have kids. But 45 minutes in the car to knit sounds divine.

MaryAnn Ashley said...

there's nothing a like a little down time to recallibrate

the mama bird diaries said...

That's so funny!

Kathleen said...

don't you just love that. I do puzzles, the boy thinks i too am crazy and boring!

Cookie said...

LOL @ Boring!