Thursday, May 22, 2008

What Do Cows, Beer and Bangkok Have in Common?

I was tagged by Eat Play Love to write 13 Boring Facts About Me. Thanks for letting me share! :) So here it goes:

1. I am the oldest of seven kids--five girls and two boys. My mom was so grateful when I got my driver's license.

2. I am half Italian--no one can pronounce my maiden name.

3. When I was an editor at trade magazines, I wrote about stuff like petrochemicals, printing presses and computer chips in identification cards. Blogging is much more fun.

4. My husband and I can thank cows for providing our parents' income. His dad raised beef cattle, and my dad owned a butcher shop in Denver.

5. I grew up in Golden, Colo., home of Coors beer. If you're ever in town, definitely do the brewery tour.

6. I'm a Colorado native, but a horrible skier. Snow shoeing is more my speed.

7. The most exotic place I've visited is Bangkok, Thailand.

8. I miss taking the dirty, scary Chicago subway. Riding around town in my Toyota Matrix just isn't the same.

9. I hope to drag my two boys camping this summer. We'll definitely be taking the portable DVD player.

10. I love to start craft projects and never finish them.

11. I've been subscribing to ELLE magazine since I was 14 years old. I have this weird obsession with designer clothes I can't afford.

12. My favorite restaurant is Mia Francesca in the Lakeview neighborhood in Chicago. I hope to get back there someday.

13. I've gone to Catholic schools my whole life--grade school, high school and college. My parents made damn sure I had many oppurtunities to learn my catechism.

Now I'm tagging A Mom Two Boys and A Hen And Two Chicks to share their innermost secrets--just kidding!

2 comments:

WarriorPrincess said...

Great list! I stopped by courtesy of eatplaylove. I like your blog! :)

EatPlayLove said...

Love #2, people have a difficult time with my last name, especially in colorado!

Glad you enjoyed it...