Sunday, July 27, 2008

Blog Bling


Six months ago, I had never heard of blogs. No, I don't live under a rock. I just never had the time to explore the Internet beyond shopping and answering emails.

Then I became part my mom's group board, along with Eat, Play, Love. I listened to her talk about blogging and became intrigued. I checked out her blog and really liked it. I got the blogging itch.

Next thing I knew, I set up an account with Blogger and The Clothesline (formerly known as Sippy Cup Adventures) was born. Creating my blog has definitely been a learning experience, so much so that I often would chide myself about wasting time on this silly blog when I should be doing laundry, the dishes, etc.

But I put a lot of effort into this blog because it isn't silly to me at all. It's been such a creative outlet, giving me a reason to write again. Plus, along the way, I've met such wonderful bloggers who make me laugh and cry, and give me great feedback to my rants and raves. When I worked as an editor at trade magazines, I never had such instantaneous, meaniful feedback.

Now my efforts have been acknowledged by this blogging award by Eat, Play, Love, and it feels damn good. I'd like to share the love with Welcome To The Circus. Not only is she fun to read, she's a great person to know.

Let's hear it for blogging!

1 comment:

EatPlayLove said...

I agree, it's a creative outlet. It's hard to find balance, but that comes with time. Dishes, aah..they can wait.. LOL!