Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Want This Job





Last weekend I watched a recap of the Glastonbury 2008 Festival on Palladia. The band Goldfrapp did its song, Happiness, and I perked up. Not because of the song, but because of the dancers in rag costumes. What a sweet job! These people danced so crazily they started to look like those spinning sponges in an automated car wash.
How could you develop stage fright when you're in a costume that completely masks your identity? There's no pressure whatsoever--you just get paid to have some crazy dancing fun.

6 comments:

TALON said...

What you say is so true! It would be totally liberating and so fun!

betty said...

now that looks like fun, and you are right, it does look like the inside of a car wash. and you are also right in that you shouldn't have stage fright dressed like that. sign holders are very popular here and sometimes they have to wear costumes and act crazy (dance, wave their sign, throw their sign, etc). I told my son if he was in a costume and no one saw his face, he could do whatever he wanted and no one would know who he was......I don't think he wanted to believe me, LOL

enjoy your Thursday :)

betty

Lynn said...

I have not heard of that one - I would love to see it. Good analogy on the costumes. :)

Unknown said...

Ah, Palladia. My son has Palladia on AT&T's Uverse - We don't get it on Comcast Cable. Which is unfortunate, because I really like Palladia.

Destiny's child... said...

The pics say it all! Wish I could see that! Keep posting! :)

MadMad said...

I felt that way when I watched ABBA on stage - they were having so much fun being so goofy, and I was like, that would be a great job! And to do it "incognito" (with a costume) would be even better, you're right.