Monday, November 30, 2009

Make Your Own Baby Leg Warmers


There’s a new baby in my life—my 2-month-old niece, Domenica. I wanted to make her some BabyLegs, which are legs warmers for babies. They cost $12 online, but are super easy to make with knee-high socks you can purchase for one-third the price at Wal-Mart or Target.
This past weekend, I refreshed my memory on how to make BabyLegs by looking over the post I wrote on it a year ago. I realized I added an unnecessary step to make the cuff, so I eliminated those steps in the post. The new, improved post titled, “Cheap Socks Make Great Gifts,” can be found in the right-hand sidebar titled “Tutorials.”
I wanted to take a photo of Domenica in her new BabyLegs this past weekend, but she slept the whole time I saw her. And we all know to never wake up a sleeping baby, even for a blog photo.

13 comments:

TALON said...

Ah! I'm jealous - there is nothing sweeter on earth than a newborn babe!

That is a fantastic idea - very clever!

You're right - NEVER wake up a sleeping baby. That's the best time to admire them :)

Lynn said...

Very cute and clever!

Anonymous said...

They are very quite and I may have to pay you to make some for big fat baby because even with the tutorial I doubt I could manage. :)

Maggie`s Mind said...

Oh my gosh, those are cute and such a good idea, too. Good call on the sleeping baby thing. ;)

Destiny's child... said...

Those are cute baby leg warmers you've made. Can't wait for the the baby to wake up so that we can see her in the leg warmers you made :)

Cant delete this! said...

How adorable! Looks Great!!!

MaryAnn Ashley said...

I used the leg warmers on my little ones when they were babes, especially during the potty training days. Great idea Cathy!

Pooch said...

How very clever! I'm sure she looked just darling in them!
:)

Maude Lynn said...

Those are adorable!

Tina said...

those are super cool. i love em!

Tina from
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack
Mummy Diaries
Game FreakZ

KiwiLog said...

Hi! We loved your post over at KiwiLog and decided to feature it as part of our weekly parenting blog round-up. Thanks!

Kathleen said...

Very cute, love the colours, i did a pair last year after you told me about them turned out brilliantly

Kathleen W. said...

I actually just made some legwarmers for myself on the cheap by cutting off the sleeves of an old sweater. I didn't even have to hem the edge, since it didn't unravel.

These are great though, and would be a perfect gift for a newborn.