Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Current Snapshot

I was tagged by Honey Mommy to divulge seven random facts about myself. Thanks, Honey Mommy--I needed a mid-week post! So, here it goes:

1. I miss my pre-kid road trips. Before we had Ethan, my husband and I would drive eight hours straight from Chicago to Kentucky to visit his family, which gave us plenty of time to talk and drink lots of bad gas station coffee. Now our family road trips are too filled with whining and interruptions to replicate that.

2. I've developed obsessive-compulsive disorder from blogging. I can't complete any household chore without checking my e-mail for comments first.

3. I dyed my hair with henna and cloves a couple of weeks ago, and it still smells like cloves when it gets wet.

4. Ethan wants to be a dinosaur for Halloween, and James wants to be "The Creeper" from Scooby-Doo. I have no idea how I'm going to make that happen.

5. Based on the number of uncompleted craft projects I have lying around the house, I think I have attention deficit disorder along with OCD.

6. Ethan cares more about our fish than I do. The other day he told me to "clean the fish tank--it's filthy!!"

7. I followed through on the promise I made in yesterday's post, and had a fun time with Ethan at the pool while James took his swim lesson. The best part was just hanging out in the shallow end and watching the sunlight reflect on the water.

Now I want to hear seven random facts from The Soapdish, The Circus, Rainbow Mummy , and The Wayfaring Wanderer.

6 comments:

A Mom said...

I hear you on #1,2 and 6!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Oooh, I would love to take a big whiff of your head right now, I love the smell of cloves. Although I've never heard of folks dying their hair with it!?

I'm horrible at doing meme's, I say I'll do it, but I never do.......maybe this time I will?!?! :o)

the mama bird diaries said...

I'm so jealous that your husband talks to you in the car. Mine just gets in this "car zone" where he only wants to listen to music and watch the road.

Anonymous said...

i miss those car trips too.

Kathleen W. said...

I'm so with you on numbers 1, 2 and 5. And I really want to dye my hair again with Henna, but it's just so messy and I don't feel like cleaning it up. Next time I'll try cloves too.

christophers blog said...

I too am either OCD or ADD - Look at me on the computer reading your blog at 5:23am..I have to read my email every hour on the hour even at this "early" hour. We share a common trait at least!