Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Make Your Own Apple Juice Skin Toner


If you’ve got an apple tree in your yard, you should try this recipe from Janice Cox for an astringent made from apple juice. Apples contain pectin, which is soothing to skin. Here is the recipe:


¼ cup pure apple juice
4 tablespoons witch hazel
Mix all of the ingredients together. Bottle in an airtight container.


To make my own apple juice, I took three small apples and cut them into pieces. Then I pureed them with a stick blender. I scooped the puree into a coffee filter and gently squeezed it into a cup until I got ¼ of a cup of juice.


This toner is light, refreshing and smells great. So if you’re tired of making apple sauce with all your home-grown apples, switch things up with this toner recipe.

8 comments:

betty said...

that does sound interesting to try; do you think it would be okay if I was to use the apples from the next door neighbor's tree that hang over onto my side?? (I'm sure he wouldn't mind, he's a single guy with no use for apple juice skin toner). I will definitely keep this in mind should he say we can have some of his apples :)

betty

jabblog said...

Sounds lovely and I bet it smells great too.

Destiny's child... said...

I dont have an apple tree in my yard (heck! we dont have apples anywhere around...I am from Kerala!)But I enjoyed reading the post...n yeah, nice apples...from your yard, i guess?

Lynn said...

Wow. I am amazed that you know how to do things like this.

Maude Lynn said...

What a great idea!

hokgardner said...

I think I'd end up wanting to drink the stuff instead of putting it on my face.

Cookie said...

I have always wanted an apple tree in my yard. I had one in my old house. It gave 2 wormy apples a year. Now I have no fruit trees :( :( :(

Janice said...

That sounds nice! I'm with hokgardner, we might just end up drinking it. Good kid project that way!